Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Tiff's Newest Creation!

I've always seen ladies with their cute little cart covers for their babies and I'm too cheap to fork out 20 bucks for one, so I decided since I have my own sewing machine now I would just make one! It took a lot longer to make than I had anticipated but, in the end it turned out really good (in my opinion). The fabric didn't cost much, I think in the end I ended up spending about 8 dollars for my little cart cover and it was in the fabric of my choice. Here is my creation.



I put a little bag on the back of it to store my purse, I always seem to loose track of it at the bottom of my cart when I am shopping, now I know exactly where it is.


Here is the front view and isn't my little model just the cutest ever!


I can also use it for a high chair when we go out to eat.


And when I'm all done I fold it up inside the little bag attached and the strap is the seat belt used to strap To'ahani in.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed! That is so great and I love that it can be folded up and stored. You are terrific and I am beaming with pride. Not to mention the color looks great on my granddaughter. Keep up the GREAT work!

Anonymous said...

that's really cool. you should sale those.

The Begay Family said...

I have seen some of these, and I, at one time, wanted to make one, but I just didn't get around to making one.
Now, my kids are too old to be seating in a cart or high chair. And, Yeah....you should be selling these ideas.

Marie Rogerson said...

Wow! The most impressive thing I've done with a showing machine was make an organizer for my locker when I was in 7th grade- so I'm impressed! I wish I had one and knew how to use it though- it would come in so handy! Looking forward to hopefully seeing you guys when you come to FL!

Nava_jo said...

Did you by chance get the pattern online? I would love to attempt this.

I don't like the fabric of the ones you can buy in the store.

I'm impressed with your sewing abilities. My cousin onces told me having a baby just brings that craftiness out of you. I guess it does huh!