Thursday, November 27, 2008

New Hobbie!

I have found a new hobbie at the moment, sewing! My mama recently gave me her sewing machine and I have never really sewn (word??) anything besides a little wallet my mom showed me how to make. So, I decided to put the machine to use. I found an easy pattern for a purse online and decided to try it out. I went to my mom's house and stole some fabric she had "laying around". The white purse was the very first one I put together and I loved it! So, I made more. And the pot holder towel idea I got from Trevor's mom. She made me a couple and I copied them. I made the potholder and sewed a hand towel to it. I decided to name it "Sheila Towel Potholder"! Trevor thought it was clever, haha.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love them all...great job and I love the name of your dishtowels!

Anonymous said...

hmmm...i wonder who that anoymous comment was from... ha. You're quite the crafty woman! I envy you. I need more time to learn how to sew. I am making christmas presents, and they aren't turning out too horrible. So, i guess that's a start! 22 days until the big day and we get to see you guys!

Nava_jo said...

I want the Pattern! Where did you get it. Isn't sewing fun, when you have the time and fabric :)