Friday, June 19, 2009

Marathon runners!

This last weekend we all took a trip up to Utah to run the Utah Valley Marathon. My sister Dana and my Uncle Danny both ran the 5k race and both did well. While my mom, cousin, friend, and myself all ran the 26.2 mile race. After months and months of training, it was good to finally cross that finish line. There were a lot of people cheering all along the course, which was good motivation. The weather was perfect and we even got a few sprinkles of rain to cool us off. Here are some pictures of us during our runs and also crossing the finish line.



Dana finishing her 5k.

Uncle Danny crossing the finish line, he did really good and even beat Dana. Way to go Uncle!

My mom at the half-way point. She's pretty fast.

Mom finishing her 26.2 mile race. She beat me, she's a speed demon.

Here is me at the half-way point.

One more foot to the finish! My legs felt like they were going to fall off.

My cousin Myranda.

She looks pretty happy to cross the finish line.

I didn't get any good pictures of Shauna running, she beat us all to the finish. It was a good feeling to train hard for something and have it pay off in the end. We had to wake up at 3:30 am to make it to the buses by 4 to ride up to the starting line. We all made it to the finish and celebrated by taking a nice long nap afterward.

5 comments:

sheila said...

I'm so proud of ALL of you! I am always impressed when someone sets a goal (no matter what) and fulfills it. What a thrill it must be...you are a great example to those of us who fall short of that at times. Thank you for being an inspiration and just plan GREAT!!! i LOVE YOU.

Anonymous said...

way to go! that's awesome.

The Begay Family said...

WOW....waking up at 3:30am! You guys MUST have been VERY tired when crossing the finish line! CONGRATS on the race.

The Begay Family said...

Tiffany, I hope you don't mind, but I am going to steal your pics (just a couple) to post to my family blog. I hope you don't mind. :)

Anonymous said...

It was a fun weekend.Thanks again for having us. I got so many compliments today on my necklace. I should have bought more!! but hey, and my dog didn't pee on your house... so that was good : )